Equine Assisted Therapy Alaska is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and your donation is tax-deductible. As a non-profit organization, we rely upon community support to ensure the success of the program.
We find ourselves in need, and ask that if you have any of the items below that you wish to donate, please contact us at 907-566-Trot or email@example.com.
We are looking for “new”, “like new” and/or “gently used” equipment items only. Your consideration is appreciated.
- Horse Trailer (2-4 Horse)
- Fencing Supplies (paddock/corral panels)
- Security system
- Rubber stall mats
On-Going Equine Care Needs:
- Grooming and Bathing Supplies: Brushes, curry combs, de-shedders, sponges, shampoos, fly spray, duct tape, hoof picks, etc.
- Feeding Supplies: water buckets (5 gal and larger), hay bags (no nets), feeding buckets or pans (rubberized, not hard or plastic), salt and mineral block holders (small or large), feed (alfalfa pellets, old timer horse feed, rice bran, Timothy hay)
- Misc.: Horse blankets (rain, cold weather)
Equine Health and Wellness Supplies:
- Over-the-Counter Medications and Cleansers: antibiotics (oral and topical), antiseptic, analgesics, *anti-inflammatories (oral and topical), **anti-fungal medications (oral and topical), antihistamines, thrush busters, hoof cleaners/conditioners, eye-ointments, joint and equine wellness supplements, etc. *Such as, ButeLess™ (or yucca based anti-inflammatory supplement that’s easy on the stomach). **Such as, Deworming medications or shampoos.
- First-Aid Supplies: alcohol pads, distilled water, epsom salts, cold packs, latex gloves, poultice materials, dose syringe(s), vaseline, clean towels, bandaging materials (sterile cotton pads of assorted sizes, sterile cotton rolls, sterile surgical sponges, non-adhesive dressing, diapers or thick pads, etc.), wrap materials (VetWrap™, Kling Wrap™, adhesive tape, plastic wrap, stable wraps, leg wraps, track bandages, etc.)
- First-Aid Tools: rasp, hoof knife, straight forceps, stethoscope, thermometer with loop attachment, bandage scissors (small scissors)
- Equine Specialists: farrier(s), veterinarian(s), massage therapist(s), & chiropractor(s)
On-Going Barn Maintenance Needs:
- Hand Tools: Apple Pickers (Manure Forks), shovels, brooms, rakes, scrub brushes, etc.
- Small Equipment: Wheelbarrows (two-wheeled preferred)
- Maintenance Materials: D-1 and/or Gravel
On-Going Program Needs:
- Horses: Solid, well-mannered, and unshakable horses, able to trot, canter, and work in chaotic environment (cattle ranch and quarter-horses seem to be best for this environment, but we’ve had horses of all sorts in the herd. It just depends on the horse’s temperament).
- Tack: Bridles, Bits, Headstalls, Halters, Lead ropes, saddle lifts, girths, bareback pads, English, Australian, or Western saddles, western blankets, English pads, safety stirrups of all sizes, reins, stirrup leathers, etc.
- Rider Supplies: Helmets (less than 5 years old), Gait belts (snap/buckle in front, XXS – XL)
- Volunteer Supplies: vouchers for pizza and/or other food and snacks, T-Shirts, gifts, plaques and engraving for top volunteers
On-Going Administrative Needs:
- Office Supplies
- Pro Bono professional services (Accounting, Fundraising, Development, Marketing, etc.)
To make a charitable tax-contribution.